Research Project: Fictions of Ecoterror: Radical Environmental Activism in U.S. Culture
Fellowships & Grants
- 2023: BAA Summer Academy 2023, University of Kentucky, Lexington.
- 2021: FFL grant from the Office for Gender and Diversity at FAU for the organization of an international workshop (with Axelle Germanaz and Daniela Gutiérrez).
- 2020: Short-term visiting research scholar at the Center for Environmental Futures, University of Oregon, Eugene.
- 2019: BAA Summer Academy 2019, Berlin, Regensburg & Nürnberg.
- Heike Paul, Sarah Marak, Katharina Gerund, Marius Henderson, eds. Lexicon of Global Melodrama. Bielefeld: transcript, 2022.
- Axelle Germanaz, Daniela Gutiérrez Fuentes, Sarah Marak, Heike Paul, eds. To the Last Drop – Affective Economies of Extraction and Sentimentality. Bielefeld: transcript, 2023.
- Marak, Sarah. “Anthropocene.” Critical Terms in Futures Studies. Ed. Heike Paul, Palgrave Macmilllan, 2019. 19-22.
- Marak, Sarah. „Erin Brockovich.“ Lexicon of Global Melodrama. Ed. Heike Paul, Sarah Marak, Katharina Gerund and Marius Henderson. Bielefeld: transcript, 2022. 237-240.
- Marak, Sarah. „Invictus.“ Lexicon of Global Melodrama. Ed. Heike Paul, Sarah Marak, Katharina Gerund and Marius Henderson. Bielefeld: transcript, 2022. 299-302.
- Axelle Germanaz and Sarah Marak. „‚This Is Our Barn‘: Fracking and Agrarian Sentimentality in Gus Van Sant’s Promised Land.“ To the Last Drop – Affective Economies of Extraction and Sentimentality. Ed. Axelle Germanaz, Daniela Gutiérrez Fuentes, Sarah Marak, Heike Paul. Forthcoming in 2023 (transcript).
- Marak, Sarah. „Lost Chances? Re-Negotiating Forest Activism in the Anthropocene.“ COPAS 22.1 (2022): 45-64. http://dx.doi.org/10.5283/copas.340
- „Bad Environmental Citizens: Tracing the Limits of (State-Sanctioned) Environmental Citizenship“ (with Axelle Germanaz), BAA Annual Conference 2023 „Environmental Citizenship: Politics, Practices, Representations,“ July 7, 2023, Amerikahaus Munich.
- “Radical Environmentalism & the Cultural Imaginary of Terrorism.” Project presentation at the annual BAA Summer Academy 2023 “State Narratives in Comparative Perspective”, June 5 – June 13, 2023, University of Kentucky, Lexington.
- „Christoph Kolumbus und der Mythos der ‚Entdeckung Amerikas‘.“ Mercator Matinéen 2022, Kultur- und Stadthistorisches Museum Duisburg, April 3, 2022.
- “Imagining Eco-Activism from 9/11 to the Anthropocene: State of Fear and The Overstory.” International Conference: “Civil Society and the Law: Civil Disobedience, Protest, and the (Re)writing of Environmental Politics,” 12 November 2020, University of Lausanne.
- “’Trees Older than America’: The Redwoods in the Cultural Imaginary of the United States.” NeMLA Annual Conference 2020, 5-8 May, Boston, MA.
- “’I Walked Out of the Forest a Different Woman’: Anthropocentrism, Relationality, and Activism in Julia Hill’s The Legacy of Luna.” Workshop: “Ecocrotical Life-Writing in the Dystopic Present”, 4-5 Dec. 2019, Augsburg University.
- “Tree Huggers or Terrorists? Environmental Activism in US Culture.” Project presentation at the annual BAA Summer Academy 2019 “State Narratives in Comparative Perspective”, May 25 – June 8, Nuremberg.
- The ‘War on Terror’ in US Popular Culture (PS)
- Linguistic Variety and Cultural Difference (Kombimodul)
- Ecocriticism (PS/MS) – in collaboration with Moira Marquis, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- US Environmental Movement(s) (PS/MS)